To help prevent catching or spreading the flu:
- Get vaccinated for seasonal flu and H1N1 flu.
- SMU Health Center offers both vaccines to students during immunization clinic times:
Tuesdays: 1:30-3 p.m.
Wednesdays: 9-11 a.m. and 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer frequently, especially after touching common surfaces (door handles, railings, elevator buttons, etc.).
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze with either a disposable tissue or your sleeve.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms (sudden fever/chills, cough, body aches, fatigue), see a medical provider. Persons who may have the flu should stay at home until 24 hours after they are no longer experiencing fever to avoid spreading the illness.
- Report that you are sick at http://smu.edu/flu/absence/
- For 24-hour medical advice, students can call SMU’s Health Center at 214-768-2141. Faculty and staff should contact their personal health care providers.
For SMU flu information, visit www.smu.edu/flu