SMU rolls out a full media campaign, World Changers Shaped Here, that features one of Simmons’ staff members, Esmeralda Ortiz. She and a team of SMU faculty, staff and students are part of an important partnership in West Dallas, called The School Zone. It supports struggling students and their families by redefining the way schools and the social sector work together. Through tutoring, mentoring, arts programs and more, they hope to make an impact in neighborhood schools. Read article and view video.
- Graduate Student Receives National Bilingual Teacher of the Year Award
- SMU’s Research Day Yields Prizes for Simmons Students
- HPISD Superintendent Joins Education Policy and Leadership Faculty
- Simmons Recognizes Three Education Advocates with 2015 Luminary Awards
- Director of Dispute Resolution Offers View of Solitary Confinement
Videos & Slideshows