The Golf Cart Safety Program has been given a face lift! Here are some of the most notable changes:
- New name: the program is now called SCUV Safety. SCUV stands for Sub-Compact Utility Vehicle, and is more inclusive than “Golf Cart.”
- New driver qualifications: All SCUV operators must possess a valid US driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
- New marking requirements: SCUVs must be labeled with numbers, which will be provided upon required registration.
- New minimum safety features: All SCUVs must be equipped with functional headlights, taillights, mirrors, and reflective orange triangle.
- New training option: The SCUV Safety Training is now available in an online format! You can still attend the in-person training, which is offered on a monthly basis, if you prefer. The upcoming training schedule and registration form can be found here.
Driving and parking locations, operating guidelines, and accident/incident reporting remains the same. You can find detailed information on the SCUV Safety website. Please, call us at 214-768-2083 or email us at RiskManagement@smu.edu if you have any questions.