SMU is pleased to announce that the Dr. Bob Smith Health Center, located at 6211 Bishop Boulevard, will open to begin serving students Monday, August 8.
The Dr. Bob Smith Health Center’s physicians, registered nurses, pharmacists, psychologists, counselors, psychiatrists and other staff members provide comprehensive outpatient care, including:
- Medical Services, including X-rays and lab, 214-768-2141
- Counseling Services, 214-768-2277 (an emergency contact number is provided 24/7)
- SMU Pharmacy, 214-768-2149
- Health Education, 214-768-2393
- Student Health Insurance, 214-768-3408
- Academic and Professional Testing, 214-768-2269
Beginning Monday, the Dr. Bob Smith Health Center is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. To make an appointment, call 214-768-2141 or visit studenthealth.smu.edu. Same-day appointments for medical services are available.
For after-hours care, visit the Health Center website for area clinics, hospitals and emergency resources. In case of an emergency, call 911 or SMU Police at 214-768-3333.
Through Friday, August 5, health care services will continue to be provided at the Health Center’s temporary location at Perkins Hall, 6004 Hillcrest Ave. Call 214-768-2141.
The new facility will be dedicated at 11:45 a.m. September 16, followed by an open house.