SMU Aware: Learn about campus emergency preparedness efforts. In the event of an emergency, call the SMU Parent Info Line at 214-SMU-PARENTS (214-768-7273 or toll free 1-888-768-7273) for updated campus alerts. Contact SMU Police at 214-768-3333.
Summer and fall enrollment
Founders' Day Weekend
Last day of classes
Residence halls close
Category Archives: Photo and Video Gallery
Students had the opportunity to meet with more than 90 employers representing a range of industries at the February 10 Career and Internship Fair sponsored by SMU’s Hegi Family Career Development Center.
- Learn about the Hegi Career Center’s upcoming spring career and internships events here.
- Watch this and other Mustang Minute! videos from SMU News’ Myles Taylor here.
SMU honored the legacy of the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. the week of Jan. 17-22 with community service, a unity walk, participation in the City of Dallas Martin Luther King Day parade and opportunities for discussion. Watch this and other Mustang Minute videos here.
Also, watch SMU alumnus Charles Cox remember his involvement in the day Dr. King spoke at SMU in this video from SMU News’ Myles Taylor.
Relive this year’s Celebration of Lights in a Mustang Minute video from SMU News’ Myles Taylor.
- Catch up on other 2014 Mustang Minute videos, including Homecoming, Veterans Day and more.
- Relive the fun of Family Weekend 2014 with a video from SMU News’ Myles Taylor.
Welcome to the 2014-15 academic year!
Mustang Minute: Watch a video from SMU News’ Myles Taylor featuring highlights from Move-In Day 2014.
Mustang Corral 2014: View photos of the retreat in the Texas Hill Country on SMU Facebook.
Watch Opening Convocation online: Help SMU welcome first-year and transfer students during the 100th Annual Opening Convocation and Rotunda Passage. Watch the live webcast here beginning at 4:45 p.m. Central time Sunday, August 24.
Read about the Residential Commons in The Dallas Morning News.
Here are some Fall 2014 dates to remember:
- Opening Convocation and Common Reading discussion: Sunday, Aug. 24
- First day of classes: Monday, Aug. 25
- Labor Day: Monday, Sept. 1 (University offices closed)
- Fall Break: Monday-Tuesday, Oct. 13-14
- Family Weekend: Friday-Saturday, Oct. 24-25
- Homecoming Weekend: Friday-Saturday, Nov. 14-15
- Thanksgiving: Thursday-Friday, Nov. 27-28 (University offices closed)
- Last day of classes: Monday, Dec. 8
- Final exams: Thursday-Wednesday, Dec. 11-17 (no exams scheduled for Sunday)
- December Graduation: Saturday, Dec. 20 (official close of term and date for conferral of degrees)
- Christmas/Winter Break: Wednesday, Dec. 24, 2014-Thursday, Jan. 1, 2015 (University offices closed)
Visit the SMU calendar to keep an eye on upcoming events.
Update: See photos from the 2014 Dallas and Phoenix send-off parties.
Here is a schedule of party locations and dates; more will be announced in coming weeks. If you would like more information about any of the parties, please contact Kate Moreland in the Office of Parent Giving at 214-768-4737 or email@example.com.
- Atlanta area: Hosted by Lisa and Tom Noonan, 3-5 p.m. August 10
- Austin area: Hosted by Barbara and Tim Klitch, July 20 (time TBD)
- Chicago area: Hosted by Susan and Bert Getz Jr. ’89, 5:30-7:30 p.m. August 14
- Dallas area: Hosted by Steve and Lisa Provost, 6:30-8:30 p.m. August 5
- Denver area: Hosted by John and Melissa Eliot ’83, 6 p.m. August 7
- Greenwich, Connecticut, area: Hosted by James and Lisa Skinner, 6:30-8:30 p.m. June 12
- Houston area: Hosted by Michael and Krista Dumas, August 13 (time TBD)
- Kansas City area: Hosted by Ann Marie and Gordon Hamilton ’84, 6-8 p.m. August 13
- Los Angeles area: Hosted by Tammy and Tim Haldeman, 7-8:30 p.m. July 29
- Miami area: Hosted by Chino and Zady Cosculluela, 7 p.m. July 13
- New Orleans area: Hosted by Jeff and Kathryn Scurlock, August 14 (time TBD)
- Orange County: Hosted by Susan and John Cox, 6-8 p.m. July 27
- Portland, Oregon, area: Hosted by Brooke and Lane Webster, 7-8:30 p.m. May 29
- Phoenix/Scottsdale area: Hosted by Lee Ann and Rich Fennessy, 6-8 p.m. August 10
- San Diego area: Hosted by Ginny and Marshall Merrifield and Carla and Trey Nolan ’87, 4-6 p.m. August 3
- San Francisco area: Hosted by Julie and Don Wallunas, 4 p.m. August 10
- St. Louis area: Hosted by Bryan and Ann Cook, 6-8 p.m. June 19
- Washington, D.C., area: Hosted by Debbie Dunn, August 3 (time TBD)
More information for new SMU parents:
Congratulations again to our Class of 2014 SMU World Changers.
The 2013-14 school year at SMU was exciting. Take a look back at some, but certainly not all, of the excitement that took place on The Hilltop in this video from SMU News’ Myles Taylor.