The SMU Health Center is relocating to Perkins Hall, 6004 Hillcrest Ave., on Tuesday, August 4, and will provide medical and other services beginning at 1 p.m.
Starting Wednesday, August 5, the Health Center will maintain normal operating hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays at Perkins Hall. Appointments will be available from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.; call 214-768-2141.
The Health Center’s permanent home, the new Dr. Bob Smith Health Center, is under construction and expected to be completed in 2016.
Medical Services offered at Perkins Hall include consultations with physicians, immunizations and treatment of illnesses.
Other services include:
- Counseling Services, 214-768-2277 (an emergency contact number is provided 24/7)
- SMU Pharmacy, 214-768-2149
- The Office of Student Health Insurance, 214-768-3408
- Testing services for faculty exams and course evaluations, 214-768-2269
- Health Education, 214-768-2393
SMU again will offer flu shots at no charge to students and benefit-eligible faculty, staff, retirees and retiree spouses. Information about fall flu shot clinics will be provided by email.
In case of an emergency, students are asked to call 911 or SMU Police at 214-768-3333. Local hospitals, emergency resources and area clinics are listed on the Health Center website.