What should students do before they depart campus in May? I hope these tips will help make the transition to summer a bit easier.
• Forward mail to summer address.
• Pay fines for any overdue library books.
• Resell textbooks back to the bookstore.
• Clean their residence hall room or apartment to avoid penalty fees.
• Return all keys in the proper manner to avoid penalty fees.
• After finals, get a good night’s sleep before driving long distances home.
• If your student needs to store items over the summer, see “Summer storage” below.
Graduating seniors should do all of the above, PLUS:
• Request a refund on any remaining Pony Cash dollars. (Dollars roll over for all undergraduates.)
• Pick up robes for Commencement.
• See SMU’s Commencement Web site for complete graduation information.
• If you have student loans, check with Enrollment Services for the repayment schedule.
• Complete the Graduation Survey that was emailed to you by May 12. If you have any questions about the survey, send them to email@example.com.
Continue reading for summer storage information: