As of June 6, the Health Center is temporarily offering medical services at the Loyd All-Sports Center, 5800 Ownby Drive. Medical services will be available from 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. on the lower level, room L007.
For Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS), call 214-768-2277 or 214-768-2860.
For more information, call the Health Center at 214-768-2141 or the nurse hotline at 214-768-3194.
The SMU Pharmacy is available to transfer students’ prescriptions to the pharmacy of their choice. Pease call the pharmacy at 214-768-2149 and leave a message with the following information:
- Your name and student ID;
- The prescription number if available or the name of the medication;
- The pharmacy name and number where you want the prescription transferred;
- A phone number in case the SMU Pharmacy needs to contact you.
Please allow 24 hours for transfers. Any transfer request left after 5 p.m. Friday through Sunday will be handled the following Monday. Prescriptions can be transferred back to the SMU Pharmacy when it reopens.
In case of emergency, students are asked to call 911 or SMU Police at 214-768-3333. Local hospitals and emergency resources are listed on the Health Center website. Students also may visit area clinics, including QuestCare, 3414 Milton in Snider Plaza, which is open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday; call 214-368-4822.
The Health Center is preparing for the demolition of the Memorial Health Center and the subsequent construction of the new Dr. Bob Smith Health Center. Health Center staff members thank SMU students, faculty and staff for their support during this transition period.
Other changes during the transition include:
- For Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS), please call 214-768-2277 or 214-768-2860.
- For the Center for Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention, please call 214-768-2277 or 911 in case of emergency.
- The office of Student Health Insurance will be available intermittently by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For insurance benefit questions or for a temporary ID card, please contact the health insurance plan administration at 1-855-357-0242.
- Scanning and scoring services for faculty exams and course evaluations will be intermittent during the transition. Please contact email@example.com for service updates and to arrange scanning appointments.
For more information, please contact Assistant Director of Health Education Lisa Joyner at 214-768-2393 or firstname.lastname@example.org.