If you have an SMU Mustang on your holiday gift list this year, look no further than this 2013 Gift Guide, from SMU News’ Alyssa Eubank. From keepsakes to custom bicycles to a professional certificate course, these gifts are sure to bring a smile to your Mustang’s face this holiday season.
SMU Bookstore: In store and online
- The SMU Bookstore has plenty of gift options for this holiday season such as SMU ornaments, key chains and decorative signs.
- A must for any SMU Mustang’s car is a chrome-plated car emblem that shows off SMU pride even when stuck in traffic.
- The Tervis 24-oz Tumbler proudly displays the University logo in a great on-the-go cup. This double-wall insulated glass is shatterproof and comes with a lifetime guarantee.
Apparel for every Mustang
- For the younger Mustang fans, T-shirts and hats in youth sizes are perfect for game day and playtime.
- For the smallest Mustang in your family, a cute bodysuit.
- For more Mustang apparel visit the Mustang Locker Room for gifts such as iPad covers, jackets and jerseys.
Bring home an SMU delicacy
- Mustang Bread is a melt-in-your-mouth delight available in traditional, herb or jalapeno cheddar flavors from SMU Catering. Order a loaf (or two!) for a holiday party or dinner, and give friends a treat. Be sure to order at least three days in advance and a week before special holidays.
Show Centennial spirit
- SMU: Unbridled Vision is a must-have for a Mustang’s bookshelf or coffee table, cataloging the beautiful SMU campus with more than 160 pages of contemporary and historic photographs.
- Become a part of SMU history by dedicating a special paver for the SMU Centennial Promenade, or giving a paver as a gift.
- A customized, limited-edition SMU centennial bicycle is perfect for students who want to show their SMU spirit while traveling across campus. Custom bikes are available from Villy Bikes and can be purchased online.
- Fulfill a college tradition by giving the soon-to-be-graduate a class ring. This special edition ring has a centennial engraving only offered until 2015.
The gift of learning
- Continuing and Professional Education (CAPE) offers the opportunity to give the gift of learning through its SMU Informal Course Gift Certificate, which can be used on courses such as calligraphy, technology and digital photography.
For the ultimate fan
- Know an extreme SMU sports fan? The Mustangs offer ticket packages for every SMU sport throughout the year.
- The 2014 Vintage SMU Mustang Football Calendar reproduces classic game day program covers for SMU football fans’ offices or homes. Each month has a perforated edge for easy framing after use.
- Help your Mustang get healthy with a membership to the Dedman Fitness Center. The center offers special rates for alumni and community members.
For the arts-lover
- Performing Arts Season at Meadows School of the Arts is always a hot ticket. With packages ranging from six to 25 shows, a Meadows Season Subscription offers a variety of performances.
- Meadows Museum offers memberships starting at $60, including special offers like invitations to exhibit openings, subscription to At the Meadows magazine, and priority seating at lectures. The Meadows Museum Gift Shop offers unique gifts, unusual jewelry and books that complement the museum’s permanent collections.
For the book-lover
- In Honor of the Mustangs: The Centennial History of SMU Athletics 1911-2010 gives an overview of the grand history of SMU’s athletic programs.
- Give invitations to University library events and book check-out privileges with a Friends of the SMU Libraries membership. Every membership includes invitations to all programs, a newsletter and an annual report.
- For the Civil War buff, The Civil War in Photographs: New Perspectives from the Robin Stanford Collection showcases more than 200 rarely seen stereographs and photographs taken during the Civil War.
- Give personal insight into SMU’s history with Marshall Terry’s book “From High on the Hilltop…” A former SMU professor and his colleagues catalog their longstanding relationships with SMU in a collection of essays.