SMU will resume normal operations and class schedules Monday morning, Dec. 9, at both its main Dallas campus and at SMU-in-Plano.
SMU asks our community to continue to exercise caution and heed safety warnings. While SMU Facilities Services personnel are working to clear ice from campus walkways, students, faculty and staff should be prepared to seek an alternative path if unsure of their footing. They also should continue to avoid walking under trees as accumulated ice melts.
Students, faculty and staff are asked to observe the following precautions:
- Please use extreme caution. Don’t try to carry anything that isn’t necessary while walking.
- Avoid inclines and ramps where possible.
- Don’t take unnecessary risks: If you think you may need assistance in getting from your car to your building, consider reaching out to someone in your work area prior to, or as you arrive, on campus.
- Be aware that ice may still fall from trees and slide from roofs of SMU buildings. Use caution.
- Report unsafe conditions to the Facilities Services Service Request Center at 214-768-3494; after hours, call SMU Police dispatch at 214-768-3333.)
Students should contact their professors in advance if they feel travel to campus Monday morning would be an unreasonable safety risk.