SMU is taking additional steps to promote safety in light of the recent assault of a student on campus. Awareness and resources are essential in keeping our campus as safe as possible and supporting anyone who is a crime victim.
The University is taking these steps:
- SMU has notified the campus via an e-mail alert and campus fliers.
- Police patrols are being increased at night.
- The SMU Police Department is working with area law enforcement on the investigation.
- Campus officials will meet with students in residence halls and sorority and fraternity houses to answer questions.
- Free campus rides are available during the evening from Park ‘N Pony’s Giddy Up service or the SMU Police Department if Giddy Up is unavailable.
- SMU Counseling and Psychiatric Services are available to provide assistance.
- SMU Police provide personal, property and residential security tips to students.
- Self-defense classes are available through the SMU Wellness program.
- The SMU Police Department offers a Silent Witness program for anonymous reporting.
Read the campus crime alert and safety tips issued by SMU on Tuesday, August 28. Parents with questions, please call Student Affairs at 214-768-4564.