Below are some highlights from October 2011:
– 19 items from the Inaugural celebration of the Mexico, Cuernavaca & Pacific Railway
– 20 locomotive builders’ cards from Baldwin Locomotive Works
– 7 photographs of Monterey Mexico, ca. 1885-1890
– 27 aerial photographs, including Palm Beach and other estates, ca. 1930-1934, by Robert Yarnall Richie
– 5 issues of The Decentralizer, 1913-1914, a socialist newspaper covering Texas and Oklahoma
– 34 currency notes in the Rowe-Barr Collection of Texas Currency
– 129 items, uploaded and/or provided with enhanced descriptive annotations, in the Lawrence T. Jones III Texas Photographs collection
– 151 issues of the SMU student newspaper.
Shown above left: Frederick Guest’s ‘Villa Artemis’ estate, Palm Beach, FL, ca. 1930-1934, by Robert Yarnall Richie. Shown above right: The Decentralizer, March 1, 1913, a monthly socialist journal from Hallettsville.