SMU’s Candace Walkington conducts research with Guildhall campers using motion capture to teach math. Walkington is an assistant professor in Teaching and Learning at SMU, specializing in mathematics education. Her research examines how abstract mathematical ideas can become connected to students’ concrete, everyday experiences such that they become more understandable. She conducts research on “personalizing” mathematics instruction to students’ out of-school interests in areas like sports, music, shopping, and video games.
Tags#SMU18 academics alumni c CareFlite Class of 2018 Colin Powell Common Reading community involvement David Gergen Dedman School of Law Denton Bricker Engaged Learning Engaged Learning Expo Enrique Jemmott first-year students Friday Night Stampede Harold Clark Simmons Hall Homecoming Larry Brown Lupe Valdez Madeleine Albright McFarlin Auditorium Megan McKennon men's basketball Move-In Day Mustang Band Mustang Minute National Night Out NoViolet Bulaweyo One28 Peruna Rhonda Rompola SMU Mustangs SMU twirler Snowball Fight spirit State Fair of Texas student activities Student Foundation Tate Distinguished Lecture Series University Park Fire Department video visitors women's basketball
- Mustang Minute: Motion Capture Math
- Mustang Minute: Countdown to AARO
- Mustang Minute! Turn Up!
- Mustang Minute: Pony Preview Day
- Mustang Minute: Centennial Staff Photo
- Mustang Minute: Dallas Mayor’s Summer Reading Club
- Mustang Minute: Physics Circus 2015
- Mustang Minute: Meet Norman the Therapy Pig
- Mustang Minute: Mustang Safety and Health Fair
- Mustang Minute: Perunapalooza