SMU’s Maguire Center for Ethics and Public Responsibility awarded special commemorative lapel pins to SMU Veterans at a luncheon hosted by the Office of the Provost on Nov. 11. Colleges and universities across the U.S. are seeing a dramatic surge in veteran student enrollment and at SMU the number of military veterans using G.I. bill benefits has increased more than 250 percent since 2005. SMU Military Veterans, an undergraduate group sponsored by the Maguire Center, has become an active part of SMU life, including participating in public service events and hosting a tent on the Boulevard on football game days.
Tags#SMU18 academics alumni c CareFlite Class of 2018 Colin Powell Common Reading community involvement David Gergen Dedman School of Law Denton Bricker Engaged Learning Engaged Learning Expo Enrique Jemmott first-year students Friday Night Stampede Harold Clark Simmons Hall Homecoming Larry Brown Lupe Valdez Madeleine Albright McFarlin Auditorium Megan McKennon men's basketball Move-In Day Mustang Band Mustang Minute National Night Out NoViolet Bulaweyo One28 Peruna Rhonda Rompola SMU Mustangs SMU twirler Snowball Fight spirit State Fair of Texas student activities Student Foundation Tate Distinguished Lecture Series University Park Fire Department video visitors women's basketball
- Mustang Minute: SMU celebrates Veterans Day 2014
- Mustang Minute: Meet the Peruna Profs!
- Mustang Minute: SMU Canstruction, Homecoming 2014
- Mustang Minute: The New McFarlin Auditorium
- Mustang Minute: Books & Batons: Meet SMU’s Megan McKennon
- Mustang Minute: Midway Madness with SMU Basketball at the 2014 State Fair of Texas
- Mustang Minute: National Night Out
- Mustang Minute: Dean Thomas DiPiero
- Mustang Minute: Former U.S. Secretaries of State Speak at SMU
- Mustang Minute: NoViolet Bulawayo ’07 and SMU Common Reading