You may now sign up for a checkout appointment online.
ALL residents are required to sign up for a checkout appointment by Tuesday, May 5 at 5:00pm.
- To sign up for a Checkout Appointment, go to the following link: http://loyd-commons.genbook.com
Please remember the following notes:
- Checkout appointments are 15 minutes long (or less depending on the condition of your room)
- Make sure to complete each of the items listed on the CLOSING BULLETIN that is explained at the Closing Floor Meetings on April 26
- If you missed your mandatory floor meeting, see your RA immediately to setup a time to get the required information
- All your belongings must be out of the building at the time of your Checkout Appointment
- A staff member will meet you at your room at your checkout appointment
- Your room key is collected at the time of your checkout and you must exit the premises at that time.
- You may cancel your appointment up to 24 hours in advance, but must reschedule your appointment through me at email@example.com if cancelled after May 5
- To cancel and reschedule your appointment, click the “Manage Your Appointment” link in the Confirmation Email. After you have selected “Cancel”, click on “Book Again”.
- You will receive a Reminder Email 24 hours in advance of your scheduled Checkout Appointment
- SAVE the Confirmation Email you receive.
- If you had items confiscated from Fire Safety & Maintenance Inspections, please contact me at least 24 hours before your departure to collect your item. If you do not contact me at least 24 hours in advance, your item will be disposed of after May 13.
Please let the RCD or your RA know if you have any questions!
RESIDENTS THAT FAIL TO SIGN UP FOR A CHECKOUT APPOINTMENT OR THAT DO NOT VACATE BY 1:00PM ON WEDNESDAY, MAY 13 WILL RECEIVE A $100 FINE FOR IMPROPER CHECKOUT.
DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO SCHEDULE YOUR CHECKOUT APPOINTMENT. To get the checkout appointment that you want, sign up early!
RSVP now to our final Loyd Banquet of the school year! Lots of recognition will be given for the many contributions and accomplishments of our first year!!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2015-2016 Loyd Peer Leaders!
Peer Academic Leader – Alex Marroquin
Peer Dialogue Leader – Gerald Bulloch
Peer Health Educator – Francie Crawford
Thanks to all that applied and interviewed!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR NEWLY SELECTED COMMONS COUNCIL EXECUTIVE BOARD FOR 2015-2016!
President: Melissa Spaulding
Chief of Staff: Evan Lewis
Senior Director of Creativity: Lisa Ingham
Senior Director of Friendship: Allie Rutherford
Senior Director of Growth: Elenor Griffith
Senior Director of Purpose: Baeley Whittle
Thanks to all that applied and interviewed!
We will be selecting the Junior Directors next August from the incoming first year Class of 2019.
CONGRATS to our Top 5 #loydstudies Study Selfie Competition Winners!!!
1. Grace Hileman
2. Presley Impson
3. Arthur Work
4. Sophi Farid
5. Evelyn Slater
What better to do on a snow day than apply for Loyd Leadership Opportunities!
We have several exciting opportunities available to you for the 2015-2016 school year.
Here is a quick summary of the timelines.
|Opportunity||Application Deadline||Application Link|
|Loyd Commons Council President||Wed., February 25, 2015 at 11:59pm||CLICK HERE|
|Loyd Peer Leader
· Peer Academic Leader
· Peer Dialogue Leader
· Peer Health Educator
|Wed., February 25, 2015||CLICK HERE
(you’ll need to login to orgs@smu with your SMU ID and password)
|Loyd Mentor (BRAND NEW!)||Friday, March 6, 2015||CLICK HERE|
|Loyd Commons Council Cabinet
· 5 positions available
|Friday, March 6, 2015||CLICK HERE|
- There are incentives for each position, however the incentives should not be the reason you are applying for any of these positions. They each provide great leadership experience and an opportunity to serve your fellow Loyd students.
- You can hold multiple positions of the ones listed above – EXCEPT you cannot hold multiple Peer Leader positions. For example, you can be a Loyd Mentor, Commons Council President, and the Peer Academic Leader. But you cannot be holding positions of Peer Academic Leader & Peer Dialogue Leader concurrently.
Below is information on each specific opportunity!
COMMONS COUNCIL PRESIDENT
Hello Loyd Commons,
I hope y’all have had a great week! Though the spring semester is still in full swing, your Commons Council and Staff are working hard towards next school year. Yesterday, the application was released for Commons Council President. This is a great opportunity to build and share your skills and leadership experience, and I encourage you to apply!
The application process is as follows:
Residence Life and Student Housing (RLSH) and the Assembly are currently finalizing a compensation plan for the Commons Council Presidents. We should know for sure what this looks like in the next week or so.
Please feel free to reach out to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to talk about what the President position entails.
Loyd Commons Council President, 2014-2015
Get involved in our Commons!
Apply to be a Peer Leader Today!
The SMU Peer Leaders are a diverse group of students committed to engaging residents of their commons and making the community a place to live, learn and grow. There are three different types of peer leaders:
Peer Dialogue Leader, Peer Health Educator and Peer Academic Leader
Each position has its own unique benefits. All three positions are designed to enhance the residential experience in tandem with faculty in residence, staff and RAs. So apply today, and start making a difference in your community.
APPLICATIONS DUE: February 25th, 2015
You are encouraged to contact our current Peer Leaders to ask them about their experience!
· Peer Academic Leader – Mattie Casey – email@example.com
· Peer Dialogue Leader – D’Marquis Allen – firstname.lastname@example.org
· Peer Health Educator – Carlyle Reid – email@example.com
BE A LOYD MENTOR!
The Loyd Mentor program was created to help enhance the experience of first year students living in our commons. Loyd Mentors will serve as an integral part of first year experience of Loyd residents. By providing overall personal and academic support and resources for first year students, the Loyd Mentors will help ensure that our first year students will have a successful year. Being a Loyd Mentor is a great way to give back to Loyd and SMU by using your experience and knowledge of SMU to help someone else.
Fun Opportunities for Mentors
· Be a part of the Welcome Crew and help welcome Loyd first years into the community!
· Attend Mustang Corral as a Leader! Corral will be very different this year! Those selected to be Loyd Mentors would NOT need to apply to be Corral Leaders for Loyd. (this is a change in information that was shared previously)
· Plan fun get-togethers with your Loyd Mentor group!
CLICK HERE to learn more about being a Loyd Mentor and to see the full position description!
Questions??? Contact Evan Lewis, Class of 2018 Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Austin Johnson, Class of 2017 Representative at email@example.com
or Ty Krueger at firstname.lastname@example.org
BE A LOYD DECISION MAKER!
The Commons Council is an influential group in Loyd Commons as they have the opportunity to decide what happens in Loyd. For instance, the Commons Council Committees lead the community in various events including Homecoming, Family Weekend, and Intramurals. While they also decide what improvements need to be made in the community from overall aesthetic to specific details about what types of furniture we have in lounges – i.e. check out the Game Room. This group will continue to help us move into the future as a successful Commons.
The Commons Council recently realigned position responsibilities after working on a Strategic Plan that will help shape the development of our Commons for the next several years. These new positions will provide fun leadership experiences for those that get to serve in them.
Don’t miss your chance to be a Decision Maker for Loyd! APPLY HERE!
Questions? Contact Michael Prappas, Loyd Commons Council President 2014-2015 at email@example.com
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!! MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!
Come learn about awesome leadership opportunities for Loyd 2015-2016!