Kathy Crow Commons Room Selection Process | Spring 2015
The Kathy Crow Commons Council has designed the room selection process for the 2015- 2016 school year. The Commons Council discussed in detail many important factors for room selection that would help Kathy Crow Commons be a strong community.
In order to build a strong community, the Commons Council determined the following factors as the most important factors:
- Intermixing 1st year students with upperclassmen on each floor
- Rewarding Service– Outgoing Commons Council Members
Based on those factors, Room Selection will be done in the following matter:
- Thursday, March 26 at 9:15PM, Kathy Crow Classroom
o Students that fall into the following categories can come select their rooms.
- Class of 2018
- Out-going Commons Council Members
- Incoming Commons Council for the 2015-2016 school year
o When students in those categories arrive, they will receive a ticket that will determine their order. Students may start arriving no earlier than 8:45pm to reserve their place in line.
- Sunday, March 29 at 8:00PM, Kathy Crow Classroom
- Class of 2017
- Any students that were eligible for the first room selection that missed that night
o When students in those categories arrive, they will receive a ticket that will determine their order. Students may start arriving no earlier than 7:30pm to reserve their place in line.
IMPORTANT NOTES | FAQs
Do I have to attend or can I send someone in my place to pick my room?
o You MUST be present to select your room. No “proxies” allowed.
If my roommate and I picked the same room again and we are staying roommates, do we need to come?
If my roommate and I picked the same room again but we are NOT staying roommates, who gets the room?
o Which ever roommate submitted their housing request form first will get the room.
- How do I get a single?
- o There are about 10 singles reserved for upperclassmen. It will be first come, first
- I have a sorority event on the night of my room selection. How do I pick my room?
o Dates and times for room selection nights were based solely on academic conflicts. You will have to make a choice of which is more important to you – picking your room for next year or attending an extracurricular function.
- Do both me and my roommate need to be present to pick our room?
- I am eligible to pick my room on the first room selection night, but my roommate is eligible for the second night. What do we do?
o Your roommate gets lucky and gets to come with you on the first room selection night!
How will floors be intermixed by classes?
o As rooms are filled in, other rooms will be blacked out in order to keep floors intermixed by years and to not have large clumps/clusters of upperclassmen or first years per floor. The RCD and Commons Council President will block off rooms as the process progresses in order to maintain a proper balance on each floor.
o Note – because of the structure of the 5th floor, the 5th floor will be primarily reserved for upperclassmen.
Can I get the same room that I have now for next year?
o Only if someone has not already chosen your room when it becomes your turn to pick.
I am currently in an ADA Accessible room. Will I be allowed to pick that room again?
o Yes, all rooms not blocked off are up for grabs. HOWEVER, should a student with an ADA requirement come along during the summer, you could be bumped without notice and reassigned to an open space somewhere else in the building.
What if I miss both room selection nights?
o Any student that misses both nights will be placed in a random room by the RCD and Commons Council President based on available space.
Any further questions? Please email Abby Argo at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out this resource!