SMU Graduates, did you know you could earn a Microsoft Office Certification for free to help you stand out in the job market?
SMU’s Office of Information Technology is providing access to the 2016 Microsoft Office Specialist Exams for free to graduating seniors until June 30, 2018. Graduates may certify in any of the Office applications on-campus through IT Training on a first-come-first-served basis as a limited number of exam vouchers and practice materials are available.
Why Get Certified?
Certification prepares students for advanced level courses and increases marketability in the workforce.
- 91% of hiring managers consider employee certification as a criterion for hiring
- 81% of hiring managers feel that certified individuals perform better
- 79% of hiring managers feel that certified individuals are more efficient
- 50% more likely to be hired Full Time
How do I get started?
- Submit a request through the IT Help Desk to obtain a GMetrix access code. GMetrix practice exams will help you prepare for the Microsoft Office certification exams. These practice exams allow you to choose between training mode, which will allow you to view hints and retry missed questions, and testing mode, which will simulate actual testing conditions.
- As part of the pilot program, in order to be eligible to sit for the free Office 2016 certification exam, you must first score an 800 on the practice exam in testing mode. This must be achieved prior to your exam. Exam objectives and study resources in addition to the practice exam may be found at smu.edu/mos.
- Once you score 800 or above in testing mode, you can register to take the actual certification exam at the on-campus testing location before June 30, 2018.
For more information about Microsoft Office Specialist exams visit the Microsoft Learning page. Check out our success stories from students who have recently certified and visit our FAQ page for additional information.
We hope to see you before the end of June!