This is the last week of Information Security Awareness month. All training content is posted within Blackboard to simplify the process. It requires about 30 minutes to complete the course. However, you do not have to complete all the videos in one sitting. Most of the videos are just a few minutes long. The training will remain available after the end of this month; however, we encourage you to take the training as soon as possible, especially if you use sensitive information like credit cards or social security numbers in your day to day activities.
To complete the training:
1. Visit https://courses.smu.edu.
2. Login with your SMU ID and password.
3. Locate the Security Awareness 2013 course in the My Courses section.
4. Click on the tutorial you wish to preview. Blackboard will remember which ones you have completed and which still remain.
5. Complete the 3 question quiz at the end of each tutorial.
Later this fall, the training will be uploaded to your training transcript in Access.SMU.