The end of the calendar year is right around the corner. Do you still have unused funds in your Flexible Spending Account (FSA)? The funds you contribute to your FSA during 2010 are only available for reimbursement of qualified expenses incurred by December 31, 2010, so make sure you use them by the end of the year.
Check your FSA balance today…
The 2010 FSA administrator is Ceridian. There are 2 ways to access your account balance:
1. Go to the Ceridian website. If you have not yet registered, click the “First Time Login” link and follow the registration instructions. Once you are registered, you will have immediate access to your 2010 Health Care and/or Dependent Care FSA claims and your account balance(s).
2. Call Ceridian at (877) 799-8820. You will not be provided with specific claims information, only the dollar balance remaining in your account. You will be asked to provide your Social Security Number.
Shop for yourself over the holidays!
If you still have funds remaining in your account, you can:
– get a new set of contact lenses
– purchase another pair of eyeglasses…or even those prescription sunglasses you’ve been wanting
– stock up on over-the-counter items such as aspirin, cold medications, band-aids, etc.
Don’t need any of the above? View the list of qualified Health Care FSA expenses. There are lots of ways to use up your FSA balance, so be sure to do so by December 31, 2010, to avoid forfeiture of unused funds.
Claims for reimbursement of expenses incurred in 2010 must be submitted to Ceridian no later than March 30, 2011, using the Ceridian Health Care FSA Reimbursement Form.