Student Organizations

My Experience in the Best A Cappella Group Ever

09-16-nadine-kakishOver the last four years, I’ve had the pleasure to be a part of the most amazing organization on campus: the SMU Belle Tones. Belle Tones is a female a cappella group that has given me lifelong friends and amazing experiences. In the past, we’ve been able to sing for former President George W. Bush as well as in the home of Dallas Mavericks coach, Rick Carlisle. We rehearse twice a week and prepare for our concerts each semester, as well as other gigs, and are supported so well by our friends and family!

This week in particular has been quite the busy week for our group. We have the honor of performing in the SMU Family Weekend Talent Show as well as at a separate gig at The Rustic, which features a variety of SMU-based artists. For the Talent Show, we have the pleasure of performing alongside 8 other student groups or individual performers at the university, so I’m looking forward to participating in the event on Saturday! On Sunday, we’re ecstatic to be one of several groups from SMU performing for our friends and family at one of Dallas’ hotspots: The Rustic. We have been working all semester on putting on our best performances for our loved ones and I think it’s so cool that SMU provides us with the opportunity to share our talents with the community! It will be a busy weekend, but I can’t wait to perform for SMU families and show off an organization that has given me so much!

-Nadine Kakish

By Bridget Anderson

AA-EnrollServ(Recruitment)