Student Organizations

A Night at Reunion Tower

03.16 Nadine KakishThere are a lot of cool things that come out of being involved in one of SMU’s a cappella groups, the SMU Belle Tones. Whether that’s singing the national anthem at SMU Men’s Basketball games, or performing in the presence of President Bush at Dining with Decision Makers, there’s always something to look forward to. Earlier this month, the Belle Tones had the opportunity to sing at an event in one of Dallas’ most iconic buildings: Reunion Tower. Being a Dallas native, I’m embarrassed to say that I had never gone up to the tower before this event, so needless to say I was incredibly excited to knock that off my bucket list.

The event consisted of groups of people from the Dallas area getting a reduced price at coming up to the top of the tower to check out the view! The event was fairly low key, but we absolutely had the best time singing some of our favorite songs for these groups of people. The event was (hopefully) not only enjoyable for the guests, but also enjoyable for us as students. I loved my experience so much because we got to see Dallas from one of the skyline’s standout features.

Reunion Tower has a series of interactive computer screens in which you can see and learn about the different historical landmarks in the city. I had so much fun messing around on the screens because it gave me the opportunity to learn a little bit more about my city in such a fun setting. I was all too thrilled to have the chance to do what I love in Reunion Tower through my campus involvement. This experience singing with the Belle Tones at Reunion Tower reminded me of all of the incredible opportunities that Dallas has to offer and made me so thankful to attend a school that offers me these experiences on a regular basis!

-Nadine Kakish

By Bridget Anderson

AA-EnrollServ(Recruitment)