Campus Life Life Around Dallas

Sunday Funday

Sundays can be either the best day of the week, or the worst – depending on how you look at it. It can either be the last day to cap off a glorious weekend, or the day filled with finishing homework before the dreaded Monday ahead. However, my past Sunday was how every Sunday at SMU should be – a day filled with laughter and friends.

After a long weekend, a few of my friends and I took it upon ourselves to schedule a college styled play date at the park closest to campus. At times, the rigors of college can make you feel much older than you would wish. That is exactly why I believe it is important to embrace your inner child. And I must say, after a day filled with swinging on monkey bars, playing football and riding around on a skateboard, we were able to do just that.

My amazing breakfast
My amazing breakfast

We started out our “play date” with the foundation for a day; a good breakfast. I first tried a new breakfast location with some friends, the Kozy Kitchen on McKinney Avenue. The only thing better than their infamous coffee is their delicious battered pancakes, or possibly the homemade migas and eggs. A must try breakfast location in the Dallas area.

Afterwards, we went to the park and had a blast. Previous to our Sunday outing, the last time I climbed a tree was in middle school – entirely too long ago. For the first time in ages, I played tag and monkey in the middle. A Sunday at the park was a perfect way to end a great weekend, and an even better way to feel young again with friends.

All in all, Sundays don’t have to be bad as they are made out to be. Whether is playing with some friends on the field, trying new places to eat or possibly watching some NFL Sunday football, keep your Sunday fresh by ending your weekend with superb start to the week ahead.

-Vafa Behzadpour