Life Around Dallas

Rangers Games

Being from Los Angeles, California I bleed blue and white for the Los Angeles Dodgers. I grew up going to a couple games a season with my family or my friends, as well as playing baseball through my senior year of high school. Baseball was a part of my life for as long as I can remember.

chad solomonWith saying that now I’m in Texas and have to fill the void of not being near the Dodgers, I was forced to adopt a team. Thus, I chose the Rangers. I try not to be a bandwagon fan, but rooting for the Rangers is almost as fun as the Dodgers.

Globe Life Ball Park is just right outside of Dallas located in Arlington about 25 minutes from campus in the same spot as AT&T stadium (home of the Cowboys). I had never attended a game until this previous October. My brother worked for the Rangers as an intern, thanks to SMU’s help, and surprised my girlfriend and I with two tickets to a game against the Angels.

The game was a blast. We got there in just under 30 minutes, thanks to a ride from my roommate. Once arriving, we got some hot dogs and pretzels and then sat down in our field level seats. In front of a sold out crowd, the Rangers ended up clinching a play off spot that night and the game followed with fireworks. It was an awesome date, mixing some of my favorite things: sports, my girlfriend, and Dallas.

Whether it’s the Rangers, the Cowboys, the Starts, the Mavs, or for all my soccer fans, FC Dallas, the opportunities are endless. SMU is not only a fantastic school, but is also in a great location. Although it was no Dodgers game, it was still one of my favorite nights of the semester.

-Chad Solomon