Pony Up! Kaufman, Texas style..

blog%20picture.bmp
Lauren Cook
lwcook@smu.edu

This past weekend I went with one of SMU’s campus ministries, ONE28, to Kaufman, Texas near Fort Worth! It was a small retreat just for girls and it was a blast.

We stayed at some family’s lake house and had the whole place to ourselves–there were about 30 girls and adult bible study leaders. We played the game 2 truths and a lie all night and hung out by toasting s’mores over a fire.

In the morning, some of us upperclassmen made breakfast for everyone and had it ready by the time everyone woke up! After that, we hung out, talked with some of the bible study leaders, went through some devotionals and then went horse-back riding!!! I had not been on a horse since elementary school so I was so excited!!! It was really quaint and small towny–a nice change of pace from stress, school, and Dallas. Just what I needed before I start my 2 research papers due before Spring Break!

That is just a glimpse at the fun stuff that SMU organizations, like ONE28, offer off campus and on weekends. It’s just a great time to get to know other girls your age and have fun bonding and forming new friendships :)

Until next time,

Lauren