Bowl Sweet Bowl

Greg%20Nelson.JPG
Greg Nelson
rgnelson@smu.edu

On Saturday, SMU football team played in the Conference USA championship game for the first time in school history. The game was in Orlando, FL against UCF and the game didn’t end up very well as the Mustangs fell 17-7. However, the Mustangs will not end their season on that sour note. On Dec. 30 SMU will play in the Bell Helicopters Armed Forces Bowl against Army. This will be SMU’s second straight bowl appearance. Last year the Mustangs played Nevada in the Hawaii Bowl and won by the largest margin of any bowl game. This year, the bowl game is special because it will be held in SMU’s own Gerald J. Ford Stadium right on campus! So if you are in town or around the area, come cheer on the Mustangs to another bowl win.

This news just adds to the excitement on campus right now. Last night was Celebration of Lights, one of the most favorite traditions of all the students. You can see what it was like by clicking on the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP-s5VQMq_8. The video definitely does not do the ceremony justice but you can get an idea of the spectacle. This along with exam week beginning has this campus buzzing and ready for the holiday season to kick off by the semester ending. I am looking forward to Thursday when my exams will be over and I can head back to Cleveland, OH for a few weeks.

I want to wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season and as always GO MUSTANGS!

About Nelson, Randall Gregory

I am from Cleveland, OH and in my third year at SMU. I am studying Finance and Economics and hope to work in sports after I graduate. At SMU, I currently work in the admissions office and serve as the President for our campus chapter of Habitat for Humanity.
This entry was posted in Athletics. Bookmark the permalink.