Time Flies

gn.jpg
Greg Nelson
rgnelson@smu.edu

It is crazy to think about already, but in 7 weeks, the semester will be over and everyone will be back home for the holidays. So much has changed over the past 2 months at SMU. The men’s club soccer team that I play on, our season is now over. We played 8 games finishing up 3-4-1, not losing at home. This coming weekend, SMU habitat chapter and Highland Park United Methodist Church will be holding the dedication ceremony of the house we have been building for the last few weeks. Parents weekend and homecoming and come and gone and the football team is 7 weeks into their season and currently stand at 4-3 and tied for first in Conference USA. Admissions office work is in full swing with 3 large campus events for perspective students already done and many others visiting every day.

Even though so much as already happened this semester, there is much more to go. As far as exams go, the second round out of three will be taking place the next two weeks for me. We have many fundraising events set up for habitat for humanity to help get us to our goal of going to Costa Rica at the end of the year in May. Signing up for spring classes will begin in the next week or so as well. And hopefully to top everything off this semester, we will see our football team in the conference championship game and then in a bowl game.

For those of you who are filling out applications and see the deadline nearing, good luck and keep working at it. It is important to make sure you stay focused and fill those out, but also enjoy your senior year of high school. It is a fun and exciting time that you get to experience once. Best of luck with everything and as always??? GO MUSTANGS!

About Nelson, Randall Gregory

I am from Cleveland, OH and in my third year at SMU. I am studying Finance and Economics and hope to work in sports after I graduate. At SMU, I currently work in the admissions office and serve as the President for our campus chapter of Habitat for Humanity.
This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.