It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!!

Ambassador%20Pic.jpg
By Elizabeth Eliot
eeliot@smu.edu

Just in case you haven’t heard, it’s homecoming on the Hilltop, which is my personal favorite time of year! I love fall at SMU because overwhelming school pride and football season really bring the campus together. The Boulevards before every football game are very fun because they are a great chance to see everyone from around campus as well as the Dallas area.

Homecoming is extra special Boulevard because school spirit multiplies by about… 3 million and it’s a really exciting week! For homecoming, various student organizations will pair off and try to win homecoming! Whoa whoa whoa, you may be thinking, win homecoming?!? How does one do that?! Well, winning homecoming is based upon each organization’s spirit points. How does one accumulate spirit points? By doing awesome things like painting a window according to their theme (this year the overall them is Broadway, very exciting!), building a float, painting a wooden Peruna for display on the boulevard, participating in a quiz bowl, painting a banner, a university blood drive, and participating in the university community service day! Needless to say, it’s been a very busy, fun, and creative week!

The game and parade are tomorrow, and we’re all very excited. The Mustangs are playing Houston tomorrow, and the overall theme of the game is BLUE OUT (Good thing I like to wear blue)! I’m also REALLY excited because Jack Ingram is playing on campus before the game! I’m so excited!!! This year we have had a couple of bands come through and play at the boulevard, and it always makes the atmosphere that much more festive! I hope you all have a great weekend, I know everyone here will!

Pony Up!

About Elizabeth Eliot

STU UnGrad