Go Red, Go Blue, Go S-M-U!

59154_1346474432417_1547971191_31610276_4241332_n.jpg
By Natalie Sharp
nsharp@smu.edu

This weekend is an exciting one here at SMU???s Hilltop. Why, you ask? Because it is SMU???s Homecoming weekend, of course! Homecoming weekend brings a lot of fun activities to campus all weekend long, one of which I am MOST excited for???.the Jack Ingram concert! As an avid country music listener, I am a huge fan of Jack Ingram. Not only does he have an amazing voice and touching songs, he also has a degree from SMU!!! He graduated in 1993 from our very own. How cool is that? He will be performing on our boulevard (where all of the tailgating festivities occur) before the game. Woo Hoo! Last year, my Dad took me to meet Jack Ingram and I was absolutely thrilled. He was performing at the Byron Nelson and put on a great show! I can???t wait to see Jack perform Saturday!

me%20n%20jack.bmp

As far as the actual football game goes, SMU hosts Houston in a battle for first place in Conference USA’s Western Division! SMU and UH shared the Division title a year ago and will look to settle it on the field this weekend at Ford Stadium. SMU is calling for a “BLUE OUT” and asking fans to Fill Ford with a sea of blue by wearing blue to the game.

On a side note, FoxSports Southwest and CBS College Sports broadcasts a really awesome show titled, “SMU Football 2010: The Climb.” The show, a series of half-hour shows features SMU head coach June Jones, our SMU football players and an inside look at what SMU???s football program is all about! The show offers beautiful shots of our campus, athletic facilities and more. If you receive the FoxSports Southwest or the CBS College Sports network, I highly recommend tuning in! Go Mustangs!

This entry was posted in Athletics. Bookmark the permalink.