I love the 80′s

Lauren Cook
lwcook@smu.edu

Soooo, this past weekend I went to Tyler, Texas (East Texas) on a weekend trip with ONE28, one of our campus ministries.

It was 80′s theme and AWESOME! I went all out and bought crazy stuff at thrift stores and borrowed clothes from my friend’s mom. My outfits were LEGIT. We also had a prom Saturday night and a Prom King and Queen were recognized. I’d just like to say that I won the dance competition…just throwing that out there :)

We also had an athletic competition during the day on Saturday with different teams. We all competed for the Pine Cone Cup Trophy–which is the tradition with this retreat. My white team came in 3rd place–we rocked.

Anyway, the point of me telling you all this is that there are so many opportunities to get involved on SMU’s campus. I love being apart of ONE28′s campus ministry. Organizations like ONE28 are so good about hosting events on SMU’s campus and off. Clearly, this past weekend was off campus, but it was much needed–I needed a break from the hustle and bustle of city life. It was at hosted at Pine Cove, a quaint campsite with beautiful scenery and a lake. We had cozy cabins with pre-made beds and a dining building with couches and a coffee bar.

Here are some pictures from my awesome weekend!
80%27s%20weekend.jpg

80%27s%20weekend%203.jpg

Until next time,

Lauren