Take Two…. Per Se

DSC02004_2.JPG

By Courtney Steele
csteele@smu.edu

Hi y’all! I hope you’re having a good week so far! What’s that in the air? That would be the hustle and bustle of college fair season. The past two weeks hold the greatest number of DFW college fairs anyone could imagine. Each ambassador has the pleasure of attending a number of the fairs with an admission counselor to chit chat with students learning about and interested in SMU.

I’ve attended two fairs thus far and am going to another one tonight, it has been a curious experience – standing watching the high schoolers roam through their high school gym, their arms full of information from a wide variety of schools as parents bring their kids by their alma mater’s table and little boys (little brothers of prospies) ask if we have ponds to fish at on campus, whew! A well rounded experience!

I remember meeting my SMU admissions counselor at a college fair in Denver…. 3 years ago, it was that long ago? Wow. She was a joy to work with throughout the admissions process and I had the pleasure to work under her my first year as a Hilltop Ambassador! Fun fact of the day: she actually recruited all three of the ambassadors from colorado – yay Colorado-trio!

Moral of the story – go to college fairs, gather as much information you can and have fun while you’re doing it!

On a side note – we play TCU this weekend in the battle for the Iron Skillet on ESPN under the Friday night lights! We’re crossing our fingers for a great “red-out” game as we “fill the Ford”! Stang Power! Pony Up!

About Courtney Steele

STU UnGrad
This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.