Family Weekend 2010: Let the Good Times Roll

Derek%20Hubbard.JPG
By Derek Hubbard
dhubbard@smu.edu

This weekend marks Family Weekend 2010…I could not be more excited. Each year, Student Foundation puts on Family Weekend as an opportunity for parents to visit their students, sit in on classes, and experience the Boulevard, school spirit, and Mustang Pride. Since my first-year here at SMU, I have looked forward to and enjoyed family weekend. My parents come in to spend a weekend at the university that I love.

This year, I am a member of the executive board for Student Foundation. I play an integral role in the success and execution of family weekend. Being apart of family weekend on the planning side is really fun because you get to help decide themes, promotional items, and decorations for the weekend. It really allows you the opportunity to be involved and make it a weekend that parents can enjoy.

The beauty of SMU is that students want their parents to visit the campus. Students want to introduce their friends to their parents, and student want to share their joy for SMU. Family weekend allows students this opportunity. I hope you will join us on the Boulevard this weekend for Family Weekend.

Until next time…Pony Up!