Family Weekend

Greg%20Nelson_pict.jpg

Greg Nelson
rgnelson@smu.edu

This past weekend, the SMU football team defeated Washington State at home, 35-21, to push the Mustang’s record to 2-1. This sets up the battle for the iron skillet this coming weekend when rival TCU visits Dallas to play SMU. The game is on Friday night on ESPN. So if you can’t be on campus for the game, be sure to tune in and cheer on the Mustangs!

Not only is this weekend a huge football game, it is also family weekend. My family is coming in town this weekend to visit me and my brother, who is a freshman this year at SMU. My mom, dad and youngest brother will be coming in Friday afternoon from Cleveland for the football game. Saturday and Sunday will be great days to sit down with everyone and catch up face-to-face on things that have been going on the past 5 weeks. It is also extra special to see them this coming weekend because my 21st birthday is on Monday Sept. 27. It will be great to have them here to help celebrate, even if it is a few days before the actual day. I can’t say that I am homesick or really ever have been, but it is always great to see my family and I am looking forward to this weekend and everything it has to offer.

Hope everybody has a great week. If you are around the Dallas area Friday, come to campus and check out the Boulevard, an SMU pregame tradition, and the SMU-TCU game Friday night. As always… GO MUSTANGS!

About Nelson, Randall Gregory

I am from Cleveland, OH and in my third year at SMU. I am studying Finance and Economics and hope to work in sports after I graduate. At SMU, I currently work in the admissions office and serve as the President for our campus chapter of Habitat for Humanity.