Walkin’ down the Boulevard…

Marlee%20Klein%20-%20ambassador%20pic.jpg
SMU has so many great traditions, but one of my favorites is the Boulevard!

While students at other universities tailgate out of a rusty truck on a hot asphalt parking lot, Mustang fans line the main street of campus with white tents, grills, and flat screen TVs to get excited for the big game. And especially with June Jones as Head Coach, there’s even more to be excited about!

One of my favorite football memories was being a part of the U11 freshman year. We were a group of enthusiastic and highly spirited first-year students, and ran our very own tent on the Boulevard – getting to paint my classmates’ body parts in red and blue definitely made for some funny memories from that year! As a member of U11, we were expected to attend and sit in the front row of every home game and stay the entire time – win or lose, rain or shine. It was great to see this year’s class of U11ers leading the student section in cheers and chants, and it looks like they’re off to a much more successful season than I witnessed as a freshman when SMU went 11-1. Ouch.

For me, each year at SMU has had a different feel. From the sheer excitement of being a freshman college student to learning more about myself as a sophomore, it’s always great to look back on the good times I’ve had here, and to think towards the future and the even better memories in store for me as a junior. I’ve come a long way from being the inexperienced U11er I was as a freshman, but I’ve definitely enjoyed the ride!

Picture of my freshman U11 group:
u11.bmp

On the Boulevard as a junior:
boulevard%20-%20try%20this%20one.bmp