Cheers Mate!

Derek%20Hubbard.JPG
By Derek K. Hubbard
dhubbard@smu.edu

Wow! What a summer I had. I spent 5 weeks studying abroad in London, England at Regent???s College. I took 6 hours of coursework in Advertising and in Corporate Communication and Public Affairs. I expected to learn a lot in London and experience wonderful, new things, but I had no idea that my life would be forever changed. While in London, I had the pleasure of visiting Parliament, St. Paul???s Cathedral, the Tate Modern Museum, and various other popular tourist attractions in London. I also was able to travel/backpack through Scotland on a Haggis Tour. The tour was awesome. We began in southern Scotland in Edinburg and then traveled north to Inverness, the Isle of Skye, and we ended our tour in Glasgow. Seeing the beautiful Scottish countryside was breathtaking. I have never in my life seen something so beautiful. All in all, my experiences in the London and all of the UK challenged me to step out of my comfort zone and experience a world unknown to me. I believe that every student should take advantage of a study abroad program. It will only enrich your education and your life. Until next time???Pony Up!