Back on the Hilltop!

hilltop%20photo%202.jpg

Ah, another great semester on the Hilltop. The grass is green, the sun is out, and the tanning pool is waiting…could life get any better?

I am so excited to be beginning my third year here at SMU. I can’t believe I’m already a junior and having to start to think about what I want to do after graduation, when I join the “real world.” Yikes.

First off, let me introduce myself. My name is Marlee Klein and I am a junior BBA and Hunt Scholar from Houston, Texas where I graduated from Bellaire High School. I am an Accounting and Spanish major, and am looking into Cox’s 4+1 MSA Accounting program, one of the most competitive in Texas. When I’m not in class I like to be plugged in around campus through various activities. Some of my favorites include: Hilltop Ambassador, VP Recruitment for my sorority, The Union Class of 2012 Leadership, and BBA Mentor. Being so involved has been great! I’ve been able to meet a ton of people I probably wouldn’t have met otherwise, become familiar with faculty and staff members, and learn some new things too! And yes, Mom and Dad, I’m still able to keep up my grades!

Like I was saying, I am so excited to be back at school…but I’m still a little sad for summer to be over. I had a blast this summer, and kicked things off by going on a trip to Israel in May! I travelled with about 35 other college students from around the US to sites in every part of Israel. We learned about culture and politics of the region – and had some excellent falafel too! Hopefully a return trip is in my near future! I then came back to Texas to be an AARO (Academic Advising, Registration and Orientation) Leader for the incoming freshman. I had a great time helping students and parents feel more confident about the college journey, and I think everyone left feeling a little more prepared to go away to school!

The line-up for my weekend includes catching up on some homework, my sorority’s sisterhood retreat, and Mustang Matinee (a program for prospective students). Whew.

Pony up!