2010 Mustang Excitment

Greg_Nelson%5B1%5D.JPG
By Greg Nelson
rgnelson@smu.edu

The Mustang football team ended the 2009 season with a great win over Nevada in the Hawaii bowl. The win ended our season at an impressive 8-5 and secured our first bowl appearance and win in 25 years. Due to the success of the team last year and the 2010 schedule being released this past weekend, the football chatter on the hilltop has started to pick up. Coach June Jones will be entering his third year as head coach of the SMU football team. Sophomore quarterback Kyle Padron is looking to pick up where he left off last season. We will be missing some great guys from last year due to graduation, but the recruiting is looking strong. The Mustangs will open up the 2010 season on September 5 on ESPN against Texas Tech. They will then have 3 straight home games, the last one against cross town rivals TCU, which will also be aired on ESPN. Our schedule also includes Navy, Houston, UTEP, East Carolina and Washington State. Football is finally picking back up at SMU after the program received the “death penalty” in the mid 80’s. All the students and alumni are looking forward to a great, successful season from the team this year. Go Mustangs!

About Nelson, Randall Gregory

I am from Cleveland, OH and in my third year at SMU. I am studying Finance and Economics and hope to work in sports after I graduate. At SMU, I currently work in the admissions office and serve as the President for our campus chapter of Habitat for Humanity.
This entry was posted in Athletics. Bookmark the permalink.