Opportunities Abound

Greg_Nelson%5B1%5D.JPG
By Greg Nelson
rgnelson@smu.edu

Spring Break is a few days away and I can’t be more excited to have some time off of classes. I have had five midterms, a quiz and a paper due in the past two weeks, so break can’t come soon enough. For the first few days I will be going back home to Cleveland, OH to visit with family and friends. That visit will be short lived. I have an opportunity to attend a sports career fair at American Airlines Center next Friday. This came about through my sports management class on campus. Sports Management is what I want to get into after I am done with school and I know this is a great chance to meet new people and possibly land an internship for the fall. The Dallas Stars, Mavs, Texas Rangers, and other major and minor league franchises will be present. Following the career fair there will be a Dallas Stars game that I can stay and watch. I love how many opportunities we have in the Dallas area, not just to watch sports, but sports jobs and other jobs within the Dallas/Fort Worth area. This is a link will take you to the top 50 corporations or employers of SMU grads.

About Nelson, Randall Gregory

I am from Cleveland, OH and in my third year at SMU. I am studying Finance and Economics and hope to work in sports after I graduate. At SMU, I currently work in the admissions office and serve as the President for our campus chapter of Habitat for Humanity.
This entry was posted in Careers, Life Around Dallas. Bookmark the permalink.