Spring Break Opportunities

Cameron%20Smith%5B1%5D.JPG
By Cameron Smith
camsmith@smu.edu

Now is just about the time where school work really starts to sink in. These next two weeks are often the time of the year known as “Midterms.” Every class seems to have some sort of project/test that lies within these two hallowed weeks. However, thankfully for me, there appears to be some light at the end of the tunnel…..Spring Break!!!

This year I am happy to report that I will being going to Mexico! One of my good friends has been gracious enough this year to invite me to go to Playa Del Carmen. Last year I went as well, but I am even more excited to go this year. The group i’m going with includes six of my fraternity brothers, and it promises to be a great time. I look foward to a week of lying on the beach, taking in some rays, and enjoying some quality time with some of my best friends. Considering the amount of work to complete in the next two weeks, Spring Break this year happens to be a little bit of a godsend.

One exciting thing about being in college is the freedom to pick where you will go over spring break. SMU offers a lot of programs that students can take advantage of. SMU offers a program called “Alternative Spring Break.” ASB as it is commonly referred to is a chance for students to take a break from classes, yet also do something to help others. In some of the programs offered, you can work with underpriveliged childeren in Mississippi, or even build houses in Costa Rica. To go along with ASB, many student organizations plan trips like skiing in Colorado. These programs offer students a wide variety of choices. I, along with the majority of college students, am looking forward to a little break from homework.

Until Next Time!

This is a picture of me and some of my friends on SB in Mexico last year!

2631_1111322939819_1129239390_30347672_8206449_n%5B1%5D.jpg

This entry was posted in General, Spirit and Traditions. Bookmark the permalink.