London Here I come!

Lauren_Cook%5B1%5D.JPG
By Lauren Cook
lwcook@smu.edu

I found out this past week that I got accepted into the SMU-in-London program this summer! Words cannot express my excitement! We leave May 28th and come back July 3rd. We get to visit different countries like Scotland, Paris, Italy, etc. on the weekends. Basically, we can go wherever we want as long as it is with one other person and if the distance is reasonable. The first two weekends will be dedicated to touring around London with the group and to places like Stonehenge. How cool?! What’s even better is that my CCPA professors are teaching my classes and we only have to be in class the first half of the day. The second half is for field trips and exploring the city. I have been to London before with my family, but never in an academic context. I am interested to see how different it is. Lastly, a really exciting part about the trip is that my best friend from home is also going to be in London with her college from Alabama and my boyfriend will be in Germany with SMU. Everyone’s doing it! (Going abroad, that is!)

Included below is a picture of the college that our group will be staying at. It is called Regents College and it is specifically for SMU use during these programs.

regents%20college.bmp

This entry was posted in Academics, General. Bookmark the permalink.