Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Derek%20Hubbard.JPG
By Derek Hubbard
dhubbard@smu.edu

SNOW DAY!!!! Oh my goodness! It is hard to believe that a week ago today this campus was covered with several inches of snow. It was glorious! I woke up that morning to an enormous amount of text messages warning me of the blizzard happening outside. I went outside to see what the fuss was about and was simply amazed. Never in my life have I seen so much snow here in Texas. Yes, I am a native Texan (Yee-haw), and it has only snowed once before in my lifetime. To be able to see a blanket of snow all around me was one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen.

Since it was snowing, I decided to take a personal day. So what did I do? I went out and played in the snow. I was constantly texting my friends, who all were in class, to come out and throw a snowball or two with me. My phone went off alerting me of a Facebook notification. It was an event request. Someone had planned a campus wide snowball fight on the Dallas Hall lawn. Of course my presence would be there. This was one of the best times that I have had here at SMU. It is a day that I will never forget. I have attached a photo of my friend Marlee and me lying in the snow. This photo was taking after I had tackled her in the snow.

Until next time…Pony Up!

Derek

Snow.jpg

This entry was posted in Campus Life. Bookmark the permalink.