Rockstar Fitness!

Liz_Dominguez.JPG
By Elizabeth Dominguez
adominguez@smu.edu

It’s a MMMOOOONNNNDDDAAAYYYY. And, it’s raining. I really just want to be back in my bed. But all complaining aside, I would like to take some time to talk about a new workout program I am participating in. One of my SMU friends, John Nwisienyi, started a “Rockstar Fitness” Program that meets five days a week at various places on campus. It runs from February 1st to March 5th – just in time to get ready for SPRING BREAK! John graduates in December, and he plans on working in the athletic arena – personal training, athletic assistance, etc. He’s doing a great job and the workouts are a lot of fun. On Mondays and Wednesdays we work out at 6 am, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, we work out at 7 pm, and on Saturdays we work out at 10:30 am. He provides ALL of the equipment – exercise mats, tension ropes, jump ropes, everything. We get water and towels. And the best part about it all is that we have a LIVE DJ during every session!!! There’s always a variety of music to workout to! It’s great to have so many faces around that are interested in your health and well being. He has created an excellent program, and I can’t wait to see the results in March. I’ll let you know how everything works out!

This entry was posted in Campus Life. Bookmark the permalink.