Intramurals

Cameron%20Smith%5B1%5D.JPG
By Cameron Smith
camsmith@smu.edu

The semester just started a couple of weeks ago, the football season is all but over, and we’re in the middle of winter, which means it is Basketball Season!!! Here at SMU, intramurals can sometimes become a BIG deal. Not only does everyone play, but everyone goes to the games and cheers for their perspective intramural team. I personally am playing for two basketball teams which means on Tuesdays and Thursdays I can be seen in Dedman (our recreation center on campus) trying to relive some of my high school glory days. First of all, I play on a coed team with some girls that I am friends with as well as my fraternity’s team. Our teams are pretty good, so hopefully if all goes well I can win the prized intramural champion T-shirt.

When applying to schools I was always interested when people talked about campus intramurals, but I never knew how much fun/how many sports you can actually do! Here at SMU we offer a very wide variety of sports that includes everything from ping pong, badminton, sand volleyball, rock climbing, golf, flag football, soccer and of course basketball. Whatever sport you play, be assured that you can find someone to play it with! Intramurals is a great way to meet people, have fun, and stay in shape. The Dedman Center for Lifetime Sports is one of best recreation centers in the country and its facilities are open to all students. Hopefully, I’ll leave this years intramural season with two fresh new T-shirts with “Intramural Champion” pasted across the chest. I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Until next time!

This entry was posted in Campus Life, Spirit and Traditions. Bookmark the permalink.