Internship Hunt

Cameron%20Smith%5B1%5D.JPG
By Cameron Smith
Camsmith@smu.edu

I know that we just started school last week, but summer is fast approaching….as I was informed by my advisor in the Business School yesterday, now is the prime time to be looking for an internship! Currently being a sophomore with high aspirations to gain experience, I am hard on the internship search. The two months where most companies will do recruiting for their summer interns is the end of January and February. Therefore, I have been at it prepping my resume and sending in applications. This may seem hard to balance along with school and social life, but it’s not thanks to our wonderful career services department here at SMU!

Now that I am in the Business school, I have access to the Business Career Services Center which is a free service to all Business students. They are there for students to assist them in their career path in terms of counseling and finding jobs or internships. Their office is open Monday through Friday to come and meet with and advisor and go over your resume as well as potential internships in your area of interest. They make the process smooth and easy for students by conducting mock interviews and helping you get the edge in applying early for jobs. To go along with this the Career Center offers career fairs open to all students in which over fifty companies come to SMU for a job/internship fair in February. This unique opportunity allows you to get practice is talking to Business leaders as well as making important networking connections. Thanks to all of these services, they have helped me in making the search for an internship less stressful!

This entry was posted in Careers. Bookmark the permalink.