Back to It

Courtney%20Steele.JPG
By Courtney Steele
csteele@smu.edu

Hey y’all! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving (aka day before shopping)! And Happy December! The mustangs are back on campus for the last stretch before winter break! Going home to relax over the holiday couldn’t have come at a better time!

I don’t dare drive back home to Colorado, you never know how much snow you’ll run into! So instead, like most students, I opt to fly home. Dallas is so easy to get in and out of, a million times better than Denver, if you’ve flown to or from DIA, you know what I mean! Two airport options (DFW and Dallas Lovefield) make it easy to hop on a G5 G5 (yes, Jesse McCartney reference) and head home! Lovefield is only 10 minutes from campus while DFW is around half an hour. There are tons of shuttles, cabs, parking and good friends to make sure you get to the airport and back!

Every time I go home I somehow end up on a flight next to a chatty elderly couple that talk the entirety of 2 hours. But this time, without knowing, I ended up on flights to and from SMU with one of my best friends who’s also from the 303! We’re both so busy when we’re at school that it was wonderful to forcibly be in the same place for an extended period of time where we could catch up! We chatted and iPod-ed (yes, I just made it a verb), slept and made up the Dallas edition of Party in the USA: Party in the 214, yes we’re cool.

Basically, getting to and from Dallas is easy, gets you home for a nice break and often proves to be quite the adventure! Have a great week and weekend! Pony Up!

About Courtney Steele

STU UnGrad
This entry was posted in Life Around Dallas. Bookmark the permalink.