Talent Show + Mr. University= Good Times for All

Nickcainspic.ashx.png

By Nicholas Cains
Ncains@smu.edu

Hey Guys and Gals! Are you ready for some updates? Of course you are ;-).

Family Weekend Talent Show:
I’m performing in the 2009 Family Weekend Talent Show on Friday the 13th! WOOP WOOP! I’m really excited about my act; we’ll be performing a song I’ve always liked called “Handlebars” by Flobots. It’s gonna be oodles of fun! What’s even better? my act is full of Meadows School of the Arts majors. I’m a theater major on vocals, Vito Gutilla is a violin major, Ben Croucher is a percussion major playing drum set, Jayson Peirce was a guitar major, and Carolyn Robbins is a dance major on piano. We’re running through our act every night this week and I’m feeling better and better about it altogether. There are some very strong acts in the show and I’m just ready to do my best and have fun! If anyone’s in town, you’re totally invited.

Mr. University Pageant:
I’m so stoked about this. I’m basically competing in a male pageant put on by Pi Beta Phi in support of two different charities. I was nominated by Gamma Phi Beta to represent them as “Mr. Gamma Phi” and I cannot wait to just go crazy. We have four sections to the show including Sports Wear, Talent Performance, Formal Wear, and Group Dance! It’s shaping up to be so much fun. By the way… I’m very excited about my talent. It’s a SIX SONG MASH-UP! Here’s the run down:

“Trashin” the Camp from Tarzan“Stand Up” by Ludacris

“L.O.V.E.” by Nat King Cole

“So Fresh, So Clean” by Outkast

“Party in the U.S.A.” Miley Cyrus

“Move” MIMS

The last song is basically just a dance break. I’m also trying to rustle up a posse to be backup dancers for me. Ben Croucher is doing all the beats on the drums for me- I’m extra super excited about it too!

In Conclusion:

I have so much to be thankful for.

#1. My acting scene felt so good Monday. I can’t wait to get back into the studio and keep finding things.

#2. I had a major breakthrough with my audition monologue last night– thank you so much Micah Figueroa for working with me on it.

#3. I have an extension on my paper for African American History- I’m gonna try as hard as I can to finish it before Monday. =D

Have a wonderful week =D.

This entry was posted in Campus Life. Bookmark the permalink.