Preparing for the Celebration

Greg_Nelson%5B1%5D.JPG
By Greg Nelson
rgnelson@smu.edu

You couldn’t tell by the weather that the semester and the calendar year are coming to an end. However, you can tell that both of these are drawing near with the activity going on in front of Dallas Hall on SMU’s campus. Every year SMU holds a ceremony called “Celebration of Lights,” celebrating the holiday spirit. Celebration of Lights is held the Sunday before finals start and is a sight to see. Last year it was an amazing sight to see and I’m sure it will be the same this year. As an SMU student, parent or faculty member, one must see this amazing sight and celebration at least once. So why am I bringing this up now? Well, the preparation for the Celebration of Lights has begun. Some lights have been put up into the trees in front of Dallas Hall and are illuminated in the evenings. It is fun to watch the display grow, but is also a reminder of the amount of preparation time before finals and the end of the semester.

About Nelson, Randall Gregory

I am from Cleveland, OH and in my third year at SMU. I am studying Finance and Economics and hope to work in sports after I graduate. At SMU, I currently work in the admissions office and serve as the President for our campus chapter of Habitat for Humanity.
This entry was posted in Spirit and Traditions. Bookmark the permalink.