Looking for Love in All the Right Places

Lauren%20Cook.JPG
By Lauren Cook
lwcook@smu.edu

I’m a little hesitant of sounding too much like good ol’ Delilah on her talk show, but I think the topic of dating in college is not to be ignored! After all, it occurs everyday here at SMU, let alone ALL college campuses! First of all, I’d like to say that I’ve noticed there aren’t as many couples at SMU as I thought. Now, this is not to say, that this NEVER occurs, but I get the vibe that there is more casual dating or short romances going on. (I’m interested to see if this trend continues throughout the rest of my time here…)

Regardless, being in a relationship with someone who also attends SMU is great! I can attest to this from personal experience :) My boyfriend is also a sophomore at SMU and we have been dating for almost 8 months. There are many benefits…for example; we eat at least one, if not two, meals a day together on campus. We also go to the Dedman rec center and work out together and attend Campus Crusade’s 128 youth group every Wednesday night. It’s really neat having similar interests and getting to do them together while not in class or being involved with our other commitments. We go off campus as well–trust me, there are plenty of nice restaurants to take your significant other to in Dallas! (Hilton Hotel downtown, St. Martin’s Wine Bistro, Maggiano’s…just to name a few)

So, the point of all of this is to say that it too can happen to you! College is a prime time to work on your relationship skills inside the classroom as well as outside of the classroom.

This entry was posted in Campus Life. Bookmark the permalink.