Sick Days

kaitlyn.png
By Kaitlyn Hall
khall@smu.edu

So, as you probably know, as a high school student, sick days are usually days that you take off from school (awesome) and your mom just takes care of you all day, and you have nothing to worry about. Even though you were sick, you didn’t have to worry about school, and it was more enjoyable since you had Mom there to cook you Chicken Noodle Soup to make you feel better. Well, I hate to break it to you, but Mommy cannot help you out during sick days in college! I have been sick with a terrible cold and fever and have had to miss two days of classes. However, the professors aren’t as forgiving as the teachers in high school. I still have to make up all the work, make sure I get all the notes that I missed from classmates, and try not to get too behind. It’s so stressful! I should be at home resting, but I have just been doing work non-stop! I wish my mom was here to cook me lunch and give me my medicine, but of course those are other things that I have to do by myself. And then on top of all of this, I have to do laundry, clean up my room, go to the grocery store, and find a Halloween costume! I wish I could just be at home like in high school and wait for Mommy to bring me a glass of orange juice :(

This entry was posted in Campus Life. Bookmark the permalink.