Dealing with Illness

Greg%20Nelson.JPG
By Greg Nelson
rgnelson@smu.edu

This past week was a tough one for me. I had tests and projects due, which is nothing out of the ordinary. However, I had to do this while I was battling strep. I had not felt this bad in a while so I made my first trip to the Memorial Health Center on SMU’s campus. The staff there was very helpful and got me in to see a doctor that day. The doctor told me I had strep and prescribed me some antibiotics that I could pick up at the SMU pharmacy. This was a start to getting better but I still had my classes to worry about. Fortunately at SMU the professors and the University are very understanding when people are sick. All I had to do was email my professors and let them know my situation and I asked how I could catch up. It was great to hear I could get the lectures online or listen to the lecture on a podcast and make up my lab at a different time. So all I had to do now was worry about my health…and my accounting exam at the end of the week.

This entry was posted in Residence Life and Student Housing. Bookmark the permalink.