Home Sweet Home!

Derek%20Hubbard.JPG
By Derek Hubbard
dhubbard@smu.edu

Today is Thursday, October 8! That might not be of significance to anyone, but for SMU students, it means FALL BREAK!!! WOO HOO!!! Fall break is an opportunity for us to have a 4 day weekend essentially. There will be no classes on Monday or Tuesday. That also means that next week will be a relatively short week. Fall break could not have come at a better time. It always hits right after teachers have belabored us with midterms, essays, and group projects. By this time every year, we are walking zombies!

Some people have grandiose plans for their fall break. Some folks are headed to Cabo and others are going to the Midwest. However, I am going to the COUNTRY. Yes, I said the country. I am from Hooks, Texas, and in case you have no idea where that is (which no one does) let me explain for you. Hooks is 2 and 1/2 hours northeast of Dallas and 15 minutes from Texarkana. I am anxiously awaiting my arrival in the town of 2,000 people where I will be greeted by my parents and other family members. Going home means being able to sleep all day, eat mom’s awesome food, and enjoy the peace and serenity that comes from living in the woods.

Fall break is going to be the perfect vacation that I have been waiting for all semester. Although I love SMU with all of my heart and soul, it is still comforting to know that I can always go home.

Until next time…Pony UP!

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.