Hotel Shuttles

Lauren%20Cook.JPG
By Lauren Cook
lwcook@smu.edu

I am an ARA (academic resident assistant) in Shuttles Hall, which is the most recently renovated residence hall on campus, also known as “Hotel Shuttles.” I had two weeks of rigorous and thorough training before school started and I feel like I know everything there is to know as far as the under workings of the school! (i.e. I have the keys to buildings and rooms; I know lots more faculty now) It’s such a great job. Not only is the pay superb (free room and board) but also the relationships that you establish with your residents can be extremely rewarding. I never thought I would say this, but it’s so much fun! I look forward to spending time with the students on my floor. Regardless of what university you attend, I recommend this job to any and all students. It provides significant leadership skills as well as conflict management training. I’ve barely had experience with it, but it seems like a job that no one ever forgets!

This entry was posted in Residence Life and Student Housing. Bookmark the permalink.